• Ole Miss represents the first opponent of the season for Georgia from the SEC's Western Division. The next four games, in fact, are against teams from the West.
For what it's worth, Georgia is 48-36 (.571) against the SEC Western Division since the league was expanded in 1992. Its only perfect 6-0 record came in 2003, and it has never gone winless in a season vs. the West.
• Since the SEC was pared into divisions, Ole Miss has won in Athens just once in seven tries: 1994. Conversely, Georgia is 4-3 in Oxford during that same time span.
In last year's only meeting between these two programs, Ole Miss took a 59-54 decision on Jan. 12 in Oxford. Steve Newman and Channing Toney scored 29 of Georgia's 31 second-half points as the Bulldogs were attempting to erase a double-digit deficit.
Georgia - Ole Miss Series
• Tonight's game is the 99th all-time meeting between Georgia and Ole Miss in basketball. Georgia leads the overall series 63-35, a ledger that includes two Bulldog wins (2002-03) that were later vacated because of NCAA sanctions.
• Ole Miss is the only SEC school against which UGA has a series record of better than .500. Its next-best series record is with Auburn, which is currently tied with Georgia at 84 wins apiece.
• It's safe to assume that Saturday's game will not be the first game on the Stegeman Coliseum floor for Ole Miss reserve guard Brian Smith. When his dad coached the Bulldogs in 1996-97, Smith was a regular member of the ballboy crew that worked home games.