Marshall Henderson scored 18 points and Murphy Holloway added 16 to lead Mississippi over Texas A&M…
Aggies Face Rebels in Oxford
The Aggies and Rebels squared off earlier this month on Feb. 13 with Texas A&M earning a 69-67 victory at Reed Arena. During the contest, A&M senior guard Elston Turner exploded for a then-Reed Arena scoring record (men's games only) 37 points on 13-of-20 shooting with a career-best seven 3-pointers. Turner's record stood for just 10 days before the Sacramento, Calif., native outdid himself by scoring 38 points during the four-overtime loss to Tennessee.
Also enjoying a solid outing during the first meeting with the Rebels was senior forward Ray Turner, who pulled down a season-best 13 rebounds while scoring eight points. Junior guard Fabyon Harris added 13 points in the contest.
Ole Miss enters Wednesday's match-up with a 20-7 overall record and possession of fourth place in the SEC standings with a 9-5 league mark. Junior guard Marshall Henderson, who went 4-for-11 from the floor during the first meeting between the teams, enters the game leading the SEC in scoring at 19.7 points per game. Teammate Murphy Holloway ranks ninth in the league in scoring at 14.5 points per game and second in rebounds at 9.4 boards per contest.
During the previous showdown with the Aggies, Ole Miss featured five players in double-figuring scoring and were led by Reginald Buckner's 13.
TEXAS A&M-OLE MISS SERIES NOTES
• Wednesday will be just the third meeting between the Aggies and Rebels on the hardwood ... A&M owns a 2-0 lead in the all-time series between the schools.
• Earlier this month, on Feb. 13, the Aggies earned a 69-67 victory over the Rebels at Reed Arena ... A&M was led by a 37-point performance by Elston Turner.
• The first meeting between the schools came on Dec. 30, 1972, in Oklahoma City during the All-College Classic ... The Aggies prevailed with a 100-83 victory.
• During the last meeting between the Aggies and Rebels, senior guard Elston Turner set a new Reed Arena scoring record (men's games only) with 37 points on 13-of-20 shooting ... The record stood for just 10 days before Turner eclipsed his performance with a 38-point outing against Tennessee on Saturday.
• During the contest, the A&M defense was able to keep Rebel sharpshooter Marshall Henderson, who leads the SEC in scoring at 19.7 points per game, off balance and limited him to just 10 points on 4-of-11 shooting from the field.
• This season, Texas A&M is undefeated (14-0) in games decided in regulation when scoring 60 or more points.
• A key for the Aggies this season has been strong free throw shooting ... Texas A&M ranks second in the SEC with a .707 team free throw shooting percentage ... Elston Turner ranks as the league's third-best individual with a .822 free throw shooting percentage, while Fabyon Harris (who does not have enough attempts to rank among the SEC leaders) leads the Aggies with a .851 percentage from the line.
DawgPost.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
AP Poll Week Eight
Mississippi State stays No. 1 after the bye week and Florida State is still No. 2 this week...Read More
5 Tips for Deer Hunting Over Feeders
As an avid whitetail enthusiast sitting in a blind watching over a wildlife feeder, I believe you can benefit from these tipsRead More
Keith “Catman” Sutton’s guide to catching blue catfish all year long.Read More