1. Here are the stats from Wednesday’s scrimmage:
Brandon Harton: 12 carries for 51 yards. Long of 17.
Ken Malcome: 5 carries for 10 yards. Long of five.
Hutson Mason: 13-of-27 for 125 yards. 0 INTs, 0 TDs
Aaron Murray: 11-of-16 for 108 yards. 1 INT. 1 TD
Christian LeMay: 2-of-3
Israel Troupe: 5 catches for 50 yards
Rantavious Wooten: 5 catches for 61 yards. 1 TD
Malcolm Mitchell: 3 catches for 37 yards
Arthur Lynch: 2 catches for 35 yards.
Alec Ogletree: 8 total tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sacks, 1 Pass breakup.
Shawn Williams: 7 total tackles.
Bacarri Rambo: 6 total tackles, INT
Jordan Love: 6 total tackles.
Brandon Boykin: 5 total tackles, 1 PB
Jarvis Jones: 5 total tackles, 1 sacks
DeAngelo Tyson: 5 total tackles, 1 sacks
Damian Swann: 4 total tackles, 2 PBs
Derek Owens: 2 tackles, 2 PBs
Abry Jones: 2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL and forced fumbled
Blair Walsh: 4-of-6, long of 49
2. Jakar Hamilton will miss the season with a stress fracture in his lower leg.
“Jakar has got some type of fracture that will probably take, at least historically, two or three moths to heal,” coach Mark Richt said. “My guess is he won’t play this year and he probably will redshirt.”
3. Alec Ogletree lead the team in tackles for the second straight scrimmage.
“I’ve been trying to get to the ball, and do what I do,” Ogletree said.
4. Neither Isaiah Crowell or Richard Samuel played in the scrimmage Wednesday. Richt isn’t concerned…yet.
“I’m not too concerned now,” Richt said. “If they get to these next two weeks prior to the game week it probably won’t be too problematic. We’ve still got to learn some more about Isaiah, just as far as how much he does know and how much he really understands, how well can he stand up to some of the blitzes and that kind of stuff. We’ve seen enough to know that he’s capable and he didn’t have any fear or anything like that. Again, it’s just a matter of how much do you understand and how much can he process information in a game situation. It’d be more important for Isaiah to get in there sooner rather than later. I think Richard’s had enough game experience and is mature enough to where it’s not as important to him.”
Richt said Crowell is closer to returning than Samuel.
5. Shawn Williams looks to have locked up the starting safety spot. And Sanders Commings spent all scrimmage as a safety.
“I think we’re in pretty good shape there,” Richt said. “I think we have some veterans that have really done well. And there are some young talented guys that if we had some catastrophic issues, at least we’d have some guys that are physically capable of doing it if we don’t make it too complimented.”
6. Country music singer Jason Aldean visited the team locker room Tuesday. Aaron Murray said he got his picture with Aldean, but didn’t really know who he was.
“I’m not really into country music,” Murray said laughing.
7. Murray said the team needed to improve on finishing drives after last week’s scrimmage. Getting touchdowns, not field goals, is Murray’s goal. He said the team improved in that area Wednesday.
“We started off the day with a touchdown drive right off the bat,” Murray said. “The next series, the next eight plays, we started off well. But when the eight plays are over you just got to stop. That always stinks. But we had a great day driving the ball. I feel real good about that.”